It is the responsibility of the guest making the booking to read and understand the following terms and conditions and to ensure that all other guests are also aware of and adhere to these terms.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact us to discuss prior to booking.
Check-in time is after 4:00 PM and Check-out time is by 10:30 AM
Niagara Holiday Rentals 905-468-8985
- If there are any issues, breaks or malfunctions let us know as soon as possible so that we may address the issue during your stay.
- Bed linens and towels are provided.
- For your added convenience, we start you off with coffee, tea, sugar, salt & pepper, cooking spray and a basic supply of foil, paper towels, toilet tissue, hand soap, dish/dishwasher soap, laundry and fabric softener and cleaning supplies. You are responsible for any additional requirements during your stay. (There is a drip coffee maker in the house.)
- Housekeeping is not included during your stay. Arrangements may be made in advance for an additional charge.
Travel Documents and Insurance
Additional Information for travelers from outside Ontario
- Canadians living outside of Ontario may require out of province health coverage.
- Non-Canadians traveling to Ontario require travel documents. Entry into Canada could be denied without the appropriate travel documents, which could include passports and visas.
- Please note that entry into Canada may be refused even if the required information and travel documents are complete.
Although we do not sell insurance, we highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance and travel health insurance for any travel. Please contact your insurance provider.
Please note that any eligible refunds are based on the amount paid to Niagara Holiday Rentals.
Our prices change daily, therefore your reservation is only secured once the initial deposit of 20% is received. The balance is due 30 days before arrival date. You will receive an email reminder, or you can call us at 905-468-8985.
We will send you a confirmation by email when your booking is received.
Cancellations are accepted up to 30 days before arrival date. Guests who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid. If a guest cancels between 30 and 60 days before check-in, they will get back 50% of the deposit. Within 30 days, full payment is required and there is no refund. Reservations are not transferable.
You may request to move your booking if your arrival date is more than 30 days away, we reserve the right to deny this request but if approved there is a 10% service fee.
All cancellations must be confirmed with an email to Niagara Holiday Rentals.
Terms and Conditions of Occupancy
The primary guest making the booking must be at least 25 years of age to rent a vacation home. We require the full name of those staying at the house overnight and we also require vehicle information for any vehicles parking on the premises.
Please note that there are restrictions on the number of guests and vehicles allowed at each property. All vehicles must only park in designated areas and not on the grass or overnight on the street.
- Reservations are not transferable. The person who made the reservation must stay for the full duration of the booking.
- These are private homes in residential neighbourhoods and not venues for large parties, commercial functions, weddings, bachelor / bachelorette parties, graduation parties, rehearsal dinners or BBQ/grill for large gatherings. Each house has a cap on number of people permitted to be on the property at one time.
Only registered guests are permitted to use any of the amenities of the vacation home. If not adhered to, you and your traveling companions will be asked to vacate the property without a refund.
- No-smoking: No guest or visitor shall smoke Marijuana or other tobacco cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes or any similar product whose use generates smoke or vapors within the house. This prohibition includes all balconies and patios, enclosed common areas, as well as outside within 9 meters of doorways, operable windows, and air intakes. There will be a minimum surcharge of $500.00 for any smoke related clean-up.
- Payments processed by Visa or Master Card only - a security deposit of $500 is required prior to arrival and will be released after your departure date if you have complied with all the terms and conditions outlined below.
- Parking: Number of vehicles is limited to the parking spaces available at each vacation home. Please park only in designated parking areas on the property. Over night street parking is not allowed. Niagara-on-the-Lake Parking Information
- Only guests registered to the house at time of booking are permitted to stay and use any amenities of the vacation home.
- The person booking accepts full responsibility for any and all damages or losses inflicted upon the house, its contents and/or property.
The Property Owners and Management are not responsible nor liable for accidents, injury or illness to guests, or damage to or loss of personal property of any kind. Guests are solely responsible for the safety and security of all persons in the house, including children, and pets, at all times during the rental period.
- Quiet Enjoyment: No person shall make noise so as to cause a disturbance or conduct themselves in a way that is likely to disturb area residents. The noise by-law prohibits sound or vibration at any time, which is likely to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort, or convenience of the inhabitants of the Town. Noise By-law 4588-12
- In case of personal injury, emergency, or fire call 911 on house phone (if available). Address of home is on the blue welcome card. During a fire, use fire extinguishers if possible without harm to yourself. If in doubt about health or injuries, call tele-heath which is a free service 1-866-797-0000
- Garbage cans are located outside, as well as blue and grey boxes for recycling. We take the garbage and recyclables to roadside before 7:00 am on Friday. Please ensure garbage and recycling is sorted and taken to the outside storage bins on Thursday evening and prior to your departure.
- Before leaving, double check that you have not left any personal items behind. Call us if you have forgotten something and you want it shipped back to you.
- House Maintenance: Your home is professionally cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival.
While we don’t expect you to dust, scrub toilets or vacuum on your holiday, we would ask you to please keep the house clean and tidy (as it was when you arrived). Cleaning up spills immediately protects the finish, and keeping the kitchen clean prevents little critters from feasting on your leftovers. Only use appliances for their intended uses. If the vacation home requires more than normal cleaning after your stay, you will be assessed the additional cost.
Please help us maintain the home in a good and clean condition by following these simple procedures during your stay and at departure:
- Place all soiled towels in the bathtub or shower
- Run the dishwasher with soiled dishes prior to checking out
- Dispose of all waste materials into specific bins outside as instructed upon arrival.
- Please clean countertops and stove top of any spills or sticky residue
- Please do not rearrange furniture in the house. Outdoor furniture stays outside, Indoor furniture stays inside! You may be assessed an additional cost to your stay if furniture is damaged from being inappropriately treated or the additional time to put furniture back in its designated spot.
- Odours - Please refrain from cooking foods or creating aromas that linger beyond your stay. If the odours remain and result in relocating the guests coming in after your same day departure, you will be assessed the cost to relocate for one night. Strong aromatic foods can be cooked outside on the grill/BBQ.
- Niagara Holiday Rentals reserves the right to enter the premises to perform maintenance and ensure the vacation home is kept in good repair.
Report all maintenance issues promptly. Just as might happen at your own well-maintained home, mechanical failures, disruption of services and other breakdowns can occur. Every effort will be made to correct the situation; however, no refunds or rate adjustments will be made for mechanical and service failures that are beyond our control. Report any damage or breakage upon occurrence so the matter can be settled before departure. Damages found by inspection crews upon departure will be billed and full payment for repairs will be collected via credit card.
- If bedding and or towels are stained, please do not attempt to clean, this may set the stain. Please let us know as soon as possible and definitely before your departure.
- Locked owners' closets are not included in your rental. (If found unlocked, please refrain from taking out additional items or supplies.) Garages do not have guaranteed access for guests. Most are for owner usage only and are not included in your rental.
- If you are in a vacation home with a sofa sleeper, these are best suited for children and may be uncomfortable for adults.
- Slipper Policy (if slippers are provided): To protect the floors & carpets, guests are asked to please remove their shoes inside the house. Slippers are provided. (Persons with disabilities are exempt).
- If pet friendly, we allow one small dog with prior confirmation at time of booking. No additional animals are allowed on the property at any time. Pets should not be allowed to be on the beds or furniture. Please do not leave pets unattended for long periods and do not allow your dog to keep bark continuously inside or out.
- There is an additional pet fee of $100.
- Only one small dog allowed unless agreed to by Niagara Holiday Rentals at the time of booking.
- Pets must be at least 1 year old.
- If damage is caused, the cost of the damage or additional cleaning required will be taken from your damage deposit and/or charged to your credit card.
- Please pick up after your pet. Any pet waste not picked up will incur an additional clean up charge.
- If the home has a wood burning fireplace, only fabricated fire logs are permitted. Use only one log at a time, it will last 2 to 3 hours. Do not use wood even if available. Do not use twigs or scrub brush. Chimney fires are always a concern. Fabricated logs burn cleanly. Do not light a fire on the day of your departure so that the cleaners do not have to worry about hot coals when they come in after you depart. Note that some fireplaces are not available for use and have been labeled do not use. These have chimney’s that have been blocked off.
- Absolutely no fireworks or outdoor fires are permitted on the premises.
- Loss or damage: We reserve the right to charge for any loss or damage etc. assessed upon departure. If extra cleaning or sanitizing is required over and above what would be considered normal wear and tear, a minimum fee of $500 fee will be charged to cover these extra costs.
- During your stay we may have some maintenance work done on the outside of the home such as mowing, trimming, cleaning BBQ/grill, tidying up patio and pool/pond maintenance (if applicable).
- The continued growth of our area is evidenced by new construction that may be adjacent to or near existing vacation rental properties. We regret any inconvenience but cannot control these situations. Refunds or relocations cannot be considered
- Telephone (if available) International calls outside North America, made during your visit will be charged to the credit card number provided at the time of your reservation. Any additional pay per view or cable TV charges will also be charged.
- Guests must be aware of and adhere to all Niagara-on-the-Lake by-laws, including Noise (By-law 4588-12) and Public Nuisances (By-law 4397-10 & 4397A-11). Any fines levied as a result of a complaint during your stay will be charged to the primary guest. You must also ensure that every person being accommodated is complying with any applicable restrictions on the size of social gatherings and organized public events.
We understand that you are on vacation and realize that the above may seem strict, but many of these policies are meant to ensure safe enjoyment for yourself and your guests, but also to reduce wear and tear on the home and ensure the quiet enjoyment of neighbours.
Failure to comply with any of the above or for any reason determined by Niagara Holiday Rentals, will result in you and your guests immediately vacating the vacation home. If you are requested to vacate before your scheduled departure date as a result of not complying with the Terms and Conditions of Occupancy, you are not entitled to any refunds.
Your vacation rental home is privately owned by a Homeowner and managed by Niagara Holiday Rentals, if you have any questions or want to book a return visit please contact 905-468-8985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 7 days a week, except Sunday and Wednesday afternoons.
If you booked with an online travel agency, we suggest contacting us directly to book your return visit to save on the additional booking fees that you may have had to pay.